There are so many great resources out there regarding distillation and essential oils – here are a few of our favorites:
- Mike’s Stills. Excellent, efficient, business-level stills optimized for essential oil production of large batches of botanicals. Made by a master distiller in Portland, Oregon.
- HeartMagic. Tabletop stills made of scientific glass; nice design and great for personal use and small test batches.
- The Aromatherapy Garden by Julie Lawless
- The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils: The Science of Advanced Aromatherapy. Kurt Schnaubelt Ph.D. has documented scientific research into essential oil properties, and his books contain chemical diagrams explaining how and why they impact us.
- Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals by Robert Tisserand. Mr. Tisserand’s website has a wealth of information.
- Helvetia Lavender Farm. The Miller family business, and source of most of our botanicals, including lavender and fir (distilled from old Christmas Trees).
- Oregon Lavender Association. Anyone interested in growing lavender, learning more about lavender, or visiting lavender farms should know about the Oregon Lavender Association.